Do you need to label your products with a barcode or a QR code? Create labels from Collabox!
With the new software function, choose barcode or QR codes with complete file or with inventory to create your labels. The principle of these labels is to generate a code which gives direct access to one of your products in Collabox, when you scan it with your phone. You will gain in speed and efficiency.
Create the labels
To create labels, click on the module Accounting .
Menu at the top of the page
Then select Products .
Left menu, under the module Accounting
Check the boxes corresponding to the products for which you want labels, then click Bar code . A subsection will open with the different label settings.
All you have to do is change the settings that interest you, then click on To print ! A PDF page will open with your labels, which you can print later. The sections Start column and Row start allow you to specify precisely where you want to print on the sheet. The box Full page repeat the code (s) on an entire page.
Sub-section Bar code of the page Products List
How to use labels with Collabox
Important: You must install an application on your smartphone (or tablet) that can read barcodes and QR codes if you do not have a scanner capable of reading these different types of codes. This is a prerequisite to be able to use the labels with Collabox.
To read a label, be sure to perform the following two steps in order:
- Log into your Collabox account on your smartphone, tablet or computer to which a scanner is connected. This step is essential for you to have access to product information, since we have developed a security system that prevents unauthorized persons from gaining access to it.
- Use your app to scan the label you want to read, or your scanner. Your product information page will open.
Barcode takes a little more work than QR codes to access a product sheet. Indeed, you must configure your phone so that the detailed sheet of the scanned product opens.
Sample barcode for the product Corn
Here is what page we arrive on after scanning the barcode as an example (with a well-configured phone):
Page Updating a product
1. Install the application Barcode Scanner on your phone from your Play Store.
Barcode Scanner app in the Play Store
2. Open the application, then click on the three small dots at the top of the screen to open the settings. Select “Settings”.
3. In “Settings”, select “Custom search URL”. This setting allows you to choose which website you will be directed to when scanning a barcode
4. Write the following link in the URL field: https://www.collabox.com/barcode/%s . The ” %s ” symbols in the URL will be replaced with the value of the barcode you are scanning.
Collabox internet address (URL) to be entered in the application
5. Scan a barcode using the application, then click on “Custom search” at the bottom right of the screen. The application will direct you to the file for your product registered in Collabox.
Scan of the barcode of a product registered in Collabox
Your application is ready to be used with Collabox barcodes!
1. Install the application QR Reader for iPhone on your phone from your Apple Store
Application QR Reader for iPhone in the Apple Store
2. In the settings ( settings ) of the application, click on Send barcode to web server.
App settings QR Reader for iPhone
3. Activate the parameter making sure that the control button is Activate be green. Then, enter the following URL address in the field Website URL : www.collabox.com/barcode/[code] .
Server configuration ( Server Setup )
4. Return to the application to scan a barcode.
QR code complete sheet
QR code complete sheet gives you access to the detailed sheet of the scanned product, without you having to configure anything. You will always know what is in the boxes!
QR code example complete sheet for the product Corn
The page you land on when scanning this code is exactly the same as if you use the barcode for the same product:
Page Updating a product
QR code inventory
Finally, the inventory QR code takes you directly to the inventory page of the scanned product. No configuration required for this type of code either. You can therefore adjust the inventory of a product in less than two seconds. This is ideal for salespeople on the road or last minute orders.
QR code example inventory for the product Corn
Here’s what page we land on while scanning this sample code:
Page Inventory variation
Watch several videos on our Youtube channel and visit our Tips and Tricks section in the Documentary Blog to continue using the Collabox!
If you have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to answer you. email@example.com (418) 907-9274 ext. 120