Custom fields are an extremely powerful way to have full control over the information important to your business. Sometimes it is necessary to enter precise information in Collabox and it is not part of the basic forms available. We have thought of everything! These are custom fields. This feature allows you to add fields yourself inside basic forms.
If you are looking to modify the fields displayed in the basic forms instead, the text on custom forms will be more useful to you.
How to access it?
You must first display the configuration section by clicking on the icon on “Configuration” in the menu bar at the top of the page.
You will then find the option “Custom fields” in the left bar.
Several types of controls are available. You can insert simple or multilingual text fields, checkboxes, drop-down menus, etc.
However, it is only possible to modify some basic forms.
In summary, these forms contain …
- Contacts: Contains the necessary contact details of the main contacts of each of your clients (names, first names, address, phone number, email, etc.)
- Customers: Contains information about all your customers in this file (company name, address, phone number, email, etc.).
- Projects: Contains key information about your projects (the name of the project, its signatory, its status, its probability of closing, etc.)
- Suppliers: Contains information relating to your suppliers. As with your customers, you just have to decide what you want to keep as information about your suppliers (plus basic fields, company name, address, phone number, email, etc.).
- Employees: Contains information about your employees. For example, you can add the name of the spouse, an idea for a birthday gift, social insurance numbers, etc. with the personalized fields.
- Candidates: In the context of recruitment and hiring, we find here information on potential candidates.
- Order form: Custom fields are useful for recording information specific to your industry (unit of measure, standard formats, product specifications, etc.).
- Tasks: Contains detailed information for each task (linked project, parent task, department, planned time percentage completed, description, etc.).
- Products: Contains the information of each of your products in detail (category, product code, supplier, price, etc.).
- Calendar: Contains all the information on each of the appointments (date and time, project, contacts, product, service, employees affected, appointment status, etc.).
Once you have mastered the basic concepts, all you have to do is experiment to create or modify the forms as you wish.
Organization of custom fields
Custom fields align, by default, one below the other at the bottom of the form where they are created. Collabox allows you to organize them into “sections” and “families”.
See how sections and families are displayed on the Collabox “]
The fields of a “section” are organized according to the following logic: first of all the families one under the other, according to the numerical order of the families, then the fields without family below. The whole forms an area that can be hidden or displayed (the “Section”).
See how the section is displayed on the Collabox
The controls of the same family, for their part, are positioned on a single line (instead of placed one below the other). You can even decide whether descriptive labels should be displayed to the left of the field or above.
See how families are displayed on the Collabox
Descriptive labels displayed above the field
Descriptive labels displayed to the left of the field
The custom fields created in the contact card meet the search criteria in the contact card search tool.